Teig Lawrence, Tax Attorney, Teig Lawrence, P.A. to Speak at TKG’s Speaking Opportunity - The Increasingly Complex Tax Controversy and Litigation LandscapeWEDNESDAY DECEMBER 31, 1969
March 07, 2018 - For further details, please visit:
About Teig Lawrence
Teig Lawrence has spent 20 years building an international tax practice concentrating on non-compliant foreign accounts, IRS offshore voluntary disclosures, IRS streamlined procedures, IRS examinations, tax collection procedure, penalty protests, and large dollar whistleblower claims.
In 2009, Teig, developed mytaxlaw.com to track and aggregate the latest worldwide tax enforcements news. mytaxlaw.com has become a leading provider of offshore enforcement news and regularly receives hits from approximately 40 different countries per month.
Teig is an expert in electronic research. He served as Adjunct Professor of Federal Tax Research at the University of Miami School of Law Graduate Program In Estate Planning from 2001 thru 2008. Prior to going into private practice, Teig worked for Deloitte & Touche, Westlaw, Merrill Lynch, and, PaineWebber.
About Teig Lawrence, P.A.
Teig Lawrence, P.A. (TLPA) was founded in the year 2000 to serve as a tax law firm focusing on Non-Compliant Foreign Accounts, IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosures, Tax Collection Procedure, Penalty Relief, IRS Examinations, and, IRS Whistleblower Claims.
Believing that best decisions are made by people with the best information, TLPA created mytaxlaw.com as means of aggregating the latest worldwide news related to Swiss bank secrecy and the UBS case in 2008. mytaxlaw.com is now tracking the latest news related to more than a dozen offshore banks, Bitcoin, Panama Papers, Bahamas Leaks, Singapore Enforcement Initiatives, FATCA, official IRS & DOJ announcements, and, Whistleblower actions.
TLPA has successfully represented clients in every offshore voluntary disclosure program offered by the IRS including the 2014 OVDP, 2012 OVDP, 2011 OVDI, 2009 OVDP, LCCI, and, 2003 OVCI.
Join a panel of key thought leaders and tax professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group as they explain the current trends, recent legislation, and recent court rulings involving tax controversies. Speakers will also provide practical strategies for dealing with the IRS in a rapidly evolving enforcement climate.
As tax authorities and taxpayers continue to encounter tax challenges and complexities, tax controversies have become more frequent. A key international trend that stands out is the emerging conflict between transparency, tougher tax enforcement, and, issue based examinations. To obtain the best results for your clients, it is important to understand the latest IRS positions with respect to emerging issues as well as IRS enforcement initiatives which are currently underway.
Key topics include:
- IRS Investigation of the Use of Cryptocurrencies to Evade Tax and Launder Money
- Beginning of the New Partnership Audit Regime and How It May Impact Taxpayers
- Increased IRS Scrutiny of Micro-Captives after Avrahami v. Commissioner
- International Tax Enforcement Still a Priority with Formation of CI's International Tax Enforcement Group
- IRS Tries to Narrow Tax Gap by Clampdown on Employment Taxes
- DOJ Pushes Courts to Adopt Rule that Constructive Knowledge = Willful in FBAR Cases
- Use of the APA to Challenge IRS Regulations in Light of Altieri v Commissioner
- The Overuse of Penalties by the IRS
- Record keeping requirements to avoid the controversy
- Section 199A The 20% deduction-Tracking hours for passive activity rules
- Real Estate Professional
- Wages verses contractor payments-classification changes
- Meals verses Entertainment
- Reimbursements to employees- accountable plans
- The Newly Formed IRS Letter 6019 Group - This Group Is Mailing Letters (Letter 6019) to Taxpayers with Suspected Non-Compliant Foreign Accounts and Providing 3 Options for Getting Back Into Compliance
- Congressional Clarification of “Collected Proceeds” Very Favorable to Whistleblowers under the IRS Whistleblower Program & Other Updates
- The Use of Behavioral Insights (Behavioral Sciences) by IRS in Driving Tax Compliance
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register for an event, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org/