CHASKA, MN - 10/25/2015 (PRESS RELEASE JET) -- Measuring 11.5’ wide, 3’ tall and 30” deep, Krista, Brooklyn and Matthew Udermann own and currently showcase the World’s Largest Mustache in their front yard – available for spectators, media, and partners to freely take and share photographs. Eden Prairie based Stratays 3D provided engineering assistance, and printed the structure with over 300 hours of print time on their 3D printer. Other founding partners include The Bernard Group, Embroid Me, Cell Phone Repair and others.
‘Who doesn’t love a mustache – especially when it’s for a good cause like MOVember," says Udermann. "We’re actively seeking a permanent place for display – some place safe for kids, but easily accessible and visible for the masses to enjoy.”
To date, Uber competitor Lyft (www.lyft.com), Gillette Razor competitor Dollar Shave Club (www.dollarshaveclub.com), MOVember Foundation (https://us.movember.com/), National Hockey League (http://www.nhl.com/) and Barbasol (http://www.barbasol.com/) have all expressed varying degrees of interest in partnering.
“Some people love it immediately, others take some warming up. That’s why we crafted 5 reasons to care,” said Udermann.
5 Reasons to Care
1. 1 in 7 Men will be Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer | WLM helps raise awareness for not just
2. It's a bucket list 'must do' | WLM is located in Chaska, MN (18 miles from downtown Minneapolis). It's open and free to all. Donations to the MOVember cause are appreciated.
3. Local ties + 3D Printing Mania | Stratasys 3D is located in Eden Prairie, MN, and helped engineer and print the structure locally. The creator is local author, businessman and whimsical creator Matt Udermann. He owns Cell Phone Repair - Eden Prairie, and Cell Phone Repair - Bloomington.
4. 1M+ Visitors in next 45 days | Over 1M people are anticipated to see the WLM in the next 45 days. MOVember/November visits include:
Mall of America (for MN's official MOVember Gala) | Mustache Run; http://www.moustacherun.com/ | Downtown City of Carver | Ronald McDonald House | Cell Phone Repair - Bloomington (http://www.cpr-bloomington.com, http://www.cpr-edenprairie.com) | TCF Bank Stadium (Gophers Football) | Others being added daily
5. 2.9M Men in the US have been diagnosed | Prostate cancer, when detected early, has a high survival rate. Any piece of exposure helps further the cause to raise awareness.
Bonus Reason: Free Gift. Everyone that visits the WLM gets a gift. You'll have to come see it to find out what it is!
The mustache was conceptualized 2 years ago, as the Udermanns’ sought to ‘positively raise awareness for worthwhile causes’ while building a whimsical, sustainable creation for local, regional and international interest. Initial installation was in April, 2015. The mustache was moved to the front yard August 23, 2015 – and stands as the official date of installation – a date that marks the birth of the Udermanns’ daughter, Brooklyn.
World’s Largest Mustache (WLM) positively raised awareness for worthwhile causes, and was founded August 23, 2015. Founder Matthew Udermann can be contacted for media requests, sponsorship, and appearances as follows:
Address: 2347 Kelm Street | Chaska, MN
Name: Matthew Udermann
Phone: (651) 605-1162
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org