LONG BEACH, CA - 11/17/2016 (PRESS RELEASE JET)
Leaky pipes and backed up water systems can be a serious headache to the homeowner that is faced with dealing with these issues. Besides dealing with natural disasters, a major plumbing problem can be one of the most challenging parts of home ownership. Luckily, there are many different ways to address plumbing problems before they get bad.
1. When it gets very cold, your pipes may freeze. If it does, relieve the pressure in the pipe by turning on the tap so the water can be released as the pipe thaws. This will relieve some of the pressure, and could prevent cracks from appearing.
2. Have your septic tank cleaned every five years to keep it in prime condition. Septic systems can back up when the septic tank builds up sediment. This can even result in the septic system failing altogether. While it may cost a bit to have your septic tank pumped out, it will cost you much more to clean up any sewage backup or to repair or replace your septic tank.
3. Only pay the water damage company once the job is done. You may be required to put some money down before a job is started, but never pay the total cost until you know the job has been completed correctly. Agree with the plumber in advance on the job and payment.
4. You need to avoid using any kind of tablet or odor remover in your toilet if at all possible. They may get rid of toilet odors, but they can damage the rubber in the toilet, which can cause it to break down completely or to not function at all.
5. Keep the drains in your bathtub working properly by pouring a cup's worth of baking soda and then a cup's worth of vinegar directly down your drain every month. Seal off the drain with a conventional plug or a piece of fabric while the natural chemical reaction takes place. Let it sit a few minutes, then wash it all away with boiling water. Doing this will clear your pipes of any soap scum or hair that has accumulated.
6. Clean your dryer's lint trap. This is a good idea for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is fire safety. Check your lint trap for holes to make sure the lint is not going in your plumbing system.
7. If you don't want to spend a lot on repairing plumbing problems, learn to prevent problems before they occur. Drain clogs are a common water damage expense. Drains are easily clogged by hair. A great way to help prevent those clogs is to install a screen on top of the drain. Just make sure that it properly fits your drain. It's far simpler to clean the screen than to remove a hair clog in the pipes.
You need to be properly educated and prepared in order to stay away from plumbing problems. The homeowner who learns a little bit about plumbing is more likely to make wise decisions and avoid dangerous plumbing situations. It's also true that a homeowner can fix problems smoothly and quickly if he prepares for potential trouble.
Need local help and are in the long beach area? Water Damage Restoration Long Beach
For more information visit: http://www.shop4house.com
Name: Jose Gonzalez
Organization: Shop 4 House Water Damage Restoration
Address: 50 S Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802
Phone: (310) 750-4882
|person_outline||Full Name:||Jose Gonzalez|
|business_center||Company:||Shop 4 House Water Damage Restoration|
|mail_outline||Email: Send Email|