Luxe branding and #lifestyledesign expert Elva Li mentors and coaches women entrepreneurs to own their desires, stand out in the crowd with their #personalbrand and create a business and life that encompasses beauty, luxury and elegant living.
PALM SPRINGS, CA - 05/13/2016 (PRESS RELEASE JET)
Managers from the past and present who guided the careers of The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Harrison Ford, Jackie Gleason, Buddy Hackett, Steve Harvey, KISS, Anne Heche, Ivan Lendl, William Shatner, Sylvester Stallone, and Mel Torme were inducted into the Personal Managers Hall of Fame in a ceremony held last night at Morongo Casino Resort & Spa.
Presented by the National Conference of Personal Managers (NCOPM), induction into the Personal Managers Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed upon entertainment, music, sports and talent managers.
Living inductees included:
- Rushion McDonald, who is a film, radio and television producer, philanthropist and the global brand architect for comedian Steve Harvey.
- Doc McGhee, who founded the careers of Bon Jovi, Motley Crue and Skid Row and now manages KISS, Darius Rucker, Ted Nugent, Hootie and The Blowfish and many other musical artists.
- Edie Robb, who has managed the careers of hundreds of Broadway, film and television actors, including Calista Flockhart, Anne Heche, Mark Indelicato, Sandra Steele and Chandra Wilson.
- Jerry Solomon, who is a sports manager whose clients include five-time Olympic medalist Jackie Joyner Kersee, two-time Olympic medalist Nancy Kerrigan and tennis legend Ivan Lendl.
- Larry A. Thompson,, who is a producer for Broadway, film, television and new media and has managed more than 200 Hollywood stars, including long-time client William Shatner.
- Jeff Wald, who has produced more than 1,600 hours of television programming and has managed James Brolin, George Carlin, Helen Reddy, Sylvester Stallone and Flip Wilson.
Posthumous inductees included:
- George “Bullets” Durgom (1915-1992), who was a past president of the National Conference of Personal Managers and his clients included Merv Griffin, Jackie Gleason and Mort Sahl.
- Brian Epstein (1934-1967), who was best known for managing The Beatles, but also managed Cilla Black, The Cyrkle, Bill J. Kramer and the Dakotas and Gerry and the Pacemakers.
- Albert Grossman (1926-1986), who was a manager of folk and folk-rock music performers, including Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Gordon Lightfoot, Odetta and Peter, Paul and Mary.
- William “Bill” Loeb (1922-2011), who was the first president of the National Conference of Personal Managers and his clients included Rose Marie, Rosemary Clooney and Mel Torme.
- Patricia “Pat” McQueeney (1928-2005), who was actor Harrison Ford’s manager for 35 years, plus guided the careers of actresses Terri Garr, Mackenzie Phillips and Cindy Williams.
- Jack Segal (1901-2000) , whoaunched the careers of Buddy Hackett, Jackie Mason and Joan Rivers and is widely considered the inspiration for Woody Allen’s “Broadway Danny Rose.”
More information, including Hall of Fam inductee biographies and photos, is available at www.PersonalManagersHallOfFame.org.
NCOPM is the nation’s oldest trade association committed to the advancement of personal managers and their clients. More information at www.ncopm.com.
PHOTO CAPTION: 2016 inductees into the Personal Managers Hall Of Fame included (pictured left to right): Larry A. Thompson, Jeff Wald, Rushion McDonald, Edie Robb and Jerry Solomon.
|person_outline ||Full Name:||Clinton Ford Billups Jr.|
|phone ||Phone Number:||702-837-1170|