Enables instantly bootable backups and rapid recovery for standard users
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - 08/22/2016 (PRESS RELEASE JET)
Future Systems Solutions, Inc. (www.fssdev.com) announces Casper 10, a significantly enhanced offering of its highly acclaimed drive backup and data migration solution. Casper 10 provides users with multiple recovery options:
- Instantly-Bootable Backups: For rapid recovery, Casper maintains a complete, immediately-bootable backup replacement for a Windows system drive. In the event of a drive failure or data corruption, a Casper bootable backup can be used immediately as either a temporary or permanent replacement for the original drive.
- Restore-Point Backups: For additional protection, Casper maintains multiple, full system image backups for selectable point-in-time recovery. In the event of a drive failure or data corruption, a Casper restore-point backup can be quickly restored with a single click.
Major new features include:
- Standard User Support – re-engineered from the ground up to allow running from a standard user account, Casper 10 makes it possible to safely and securely create instantly bootable backups and restore-point backups without requiring unnecessary administrator privileges.
- Full Microsoft Windows 10 Support – now provides complete support for all versions of Windows 10, including new functionality available only to Windows 10 users.
- New SmartStart Console – makes it easier than ever to create and maintain complete system backups or upgrade / replace a PC's system drive with a faster solid state drive or larger capacity drive.
- Large Disk Image File Backups – removes drive size restrictions, giving users the ability to create Casper Restore-Point Backups and disk image files for virtually any size drive, including drives larger than 2TB.
- Enhanced Image Store Capabilities – allows users to store Casper Restore-Point Backups and disk image files on virtually any size drive, including drives larger than 2TB.
- Improved SmartResume™ Technology – provides enhanced support for safely resuming an interrupted backup to another drive or image file backup.
- Automatic Copy Verification Enhancements – improves performance of inline data verification to ensure data is not corrupted by faulty RAM, a defective cable or failing drive.
- USB 3.1 Support – adds complete support for creating, restoring, and booting backups on SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Generation 2 (10 Gbps) connected external drives.
- Group Policy Administration – gives system administrators complete control over functionality to make available to standard users.
“Allowing standard users to create and maintain full system backups greatly enhances the usability of Casper,” said a company spokesman. “Running a PC as a standard user is essential to reduce the risk of a PC getting infected with malware or a virus, but until now, it prevented users from safely creating and restoring their own full system backups. Standard users either needed to use a separate administrator account to perform their backup or rely on a partial backup which excluded the Windows operating system and program files. The convenience of an immediately bootable backup to recover from a catastrophe was simply out of their reach.” added the company spokesman.
Casper 10 runs on all versions of Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. It works with any drive recognized by Windows, including all SATA, eSATA, SCSI, USB, Firewire, and solid state drives – even hardware RAID arrays.
Pricing and Guarantee
Casper 10 is available as a download for $49.95 from Future Systems Solutions at www.casperbackup.com or by calling 1-855-5-CASPER. Registered owners of Casper 8 may upgrade to Casper 10 for $24.95. Users who purchased Casper 8 on or after April 15, 2016 may upgrade for FREE.
All products come with an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee. A 30-day trial version is available at www.casperbackup.com.
About Future Systems Solutions, Inc.
For over 30 years Future Systems Solutions has been engineering and licensing innovative technologies and software solutions for the PC. FSS is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. Further information may be obtained by calling 800-272-5457 or by visiting the FSS website at http://www.fssdev.com.
|person_outline ||Full Name:||PR Coordinator|
|phone ||Phone Number:||(317) 579-3100|
|business_center ||Company:||Future Systems Solutions, Inc.|