Top 10 Shopify SEO Tips
Many people and businesses have found great success using the Shopify platform for their online stores. But it’s not practical just to build your online store and expect people to magically find it. You need to make sure that your online store comes up in search engines. But how? Here are the top 10 tips for good SEO on your Shopify site.
Send Your Shopify Press Release Now
- Sitemaps. Submit your sitemap to Google so that search engines can index your pages efficiently.
- Add image alt texts. Search engines can easily pick up text, but they can’t pick up on what your images are unless you add a descriptive image alt text. This ensures that your store will show up in the results if someone does an image search for one of your products.
- Create a good page title tag.The title tag shows up as the clickable portion of the search results. It should be around 60 characters, long enough to say something meaningful, but not so long that it gets cut short. Also make sure it accurately reflects the page content and that it contains strong keywords.
- Use Google Analytics. None of these tactics mean anything if you don’t have a way to measure their results. Google Analytics is a free tool that analyzes your visitors, where they’re from, how long they stayed, and what they clicked on.
- Page heading tags. These are the headings that appear in the h1 field of a web page. It’s important that these heading tags are good keywords that accurately reflect the content on the page.
- Links and anchor text. When people click through to your store from other websites, this will positively impact your SEO rank. Try to get other websites to link to you using anchor text that includes your company name or one of your products. A good strategy is to include some anchor text in your next Shopify press release.
- Include keywords. Ask yourself what terms would your target visitor be searching for on Google if they found your website? Use the Google Keyword Planner Tool to help you find good keywords; then use them in your page title, your heading, and intersperse them within your content. It’s a good idea to use some strong keywords in your next Ecommerce press release too.
- Meta descriptions. These are the snippets of text that appear immediately after the title tag in search results. A good meta description will encourage people to click on your store. You can have meta descriptions for individual posts and pages or one for your whole site.
- Quality of content. The more high-quality content you have on your Shopify site, the more traffic you will get!
- Search engine Sitelinks. Sitelinks will categorize pages and links in the search results. Use Google’s help page to learn how to structure your site for Sitelinks.
If you are using Woocommerce, please check out our guidelines for the Top 10 WooCommerce SEO Tips. You can also find tips for writing an Amazon press release.