- The following not allowed:
- Adult-orientated, nudity or sexually explicit content
- Betting or gambling
- Product reviews
- Weight loss products
- Get rich quick schemes
- Forex trading
- Proven or unproven medical alternatives and protocols
- Phone unlocking or jailbreaking
- Boosting traffic on social media
- Headline must be news worthy.
- Press release headline should not sound like an article headline.
- Headline should not contain first person terms such as "You", "I", "We", etc.
- Headline should be a minimum of 6 to 8 words.
- Headline should not sound too sales orientated. Avoid words like "Buy now", "free", etc.
Press Release Body Guidelines
- Must have a minimum word count of 300. A well-written press release should ideally be between 300 to 600 words.
Examples of Bad Headlines
The following are headlines that were submitted and rejected.
- Careaga Plastic Surgery Introduces New Breakthrough Laser Technology For 25% Fat Loss In 25 Minutes
- DO YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES SCHULTE ROOFING HOME OF THE BULLETPROOF ROOF
- The alternative to Smokeless Tobacco is PRO-DIP
- Baby is a treasure that has to be protected by humans continuously. Baby Carrier Wrap facilitate this important task.
- The benefits of having a stainless steel drinks mug revealed
- Why Digital & Search Marketing Matter for Your Small Business in Westchester NY
For examples of proper headlines, you can visit our News Releases to get ideas from press releases that have been submitted successfully.Important: If a press release with a poorly constructed headline is submitted, our editors reserve the right to rewrite the headline.