Top 5 App Marketing Tips for iOS and Android Markets
Congratulations on the release of your new iOS or Android app! Now it’s time to let people know about it. There’s no doubt that if you’ve created a great app (and we know you have!), you can find an audience of potential users out there who are just going to love it.
But first you have to market it. If you don’t have much knowledge and experience in app marketing, this task can feel overwhelming. You may not even know where to start.
Here are a few pointers to help you navigate effective marketing of your new iOS or Android app.
- Build Your Online Presence on Social Media. Deploy an all-out blitz announcing your product on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.Mention your app several times a week if possible. Ideally try to build a following on these platforms even before your app is launched. This way, when you are ready to announce its release, you will already have followers that are interested in what you have to say. An easy way to leverage this following is through distribution of a press release through Press Release Jet. We guarantee that it will find its way to all the most commonly-used social media platforms.
- Respond Quickly to Bad Reviews. Reviews will be a mine of helpful information to you as you market your app. If you get a review that’s less than five-star, this will help you identify ways to make your app even better. If someone posts a very negative review, take it as an opportunity to demonstrate your responsiveness. Monitor your reviews daily as a way to continuously improve and market your app.
- Make It Easy for Users to Share Within the App. Once the initial buzz wears off, your best marketing allies will be established users of the app. Make sure that your app is easy to use so that your audience will want to share it. Integrate it with sharing platforms so they can easily send it to a friend or tweet it.
- Try to Win Contests and Awards. Apply for as many contests and awards as you can. This is a low-cost way to generate publicity for your app. Even if you don’t win, the feedback from judges will help you identify ways you can improve your product. And if you do win, this is an easy way to increase visibility and get more downloads. You can also publicize your award in a press release as a way to get lots more media attention for your app.
- Make a Video. The research tells us that people are more likely to click on a video than any other kind of media, so capitalize on that. Create an engaging video which tells the story of your brand, or maybe a 6-second how-to. Press Release Jet allows you to embed YouTube or Vimeo videos in a press release. at no extra charge.
Many opportunities exist for effectively marketing your new app so don’t lose any more time.Get your app into the hands of the people that will love to use it.
← Back to Articles