Top 10 Legal Marketing Tips
Have you reached a point in the life of your law firm where it’s time to generate some new clients? You are probably wondering where to start, or how to go about doing this. Here are some tried-and-true tips for legal marketing.
- Have a plan. Take some time to write down a clear marketing strategy. To do this, you will need to evaluate your goals  and come up with a long-term plan for your future.
- Budget your time and money effectively. Figure out how much money you can invest in marketing. Most people think  that a firm should spend at least 2.5 percent of gross revenue on marketing. You will want to make sure that you spend this wisely! For example, if you decide to issue a press release, Press Release Jet is an affordable option, with prices as low as $49 And decide how much time you can spend on marketing, too. Some sources  recommend budgeting 200 hours per year, so that you can easily work it into your weekly routine.
- Start with your current clients. It demands less cost and effort to build on the client base that you already have rather than trying to gain new ones. Spend time really getting to know your existing clients so that you can meet their needs better. You can always try new strategies with them (such as seminars, newsletters, etc.) and track the success of these. Submitting an online order for a press release is a great way to let people know about any new services you plan to offer. Eventually your existing clients may refer you to new ones.
- Build a high-quality website. Research has found that law firms with good websites generate more business. When creating your website, focus on the written content, as this is the element that will drive traffic to you. Use high-volume keywords as much as possible on your website. Also keep in mind the nuances of optimum search engine optimization for your area. For example, specifying “Beverly Hills Attorney” instead of just “Attorney” will bring more local traffic to your website. A press release with high-volume keywords can also generate business.
- Build connections everywhere. Make sure you get out of your office and spend time getting to know people. Join clubs and organizations. Make friends with people at church services and ball games. Take time to get to know people and find out what their needs are.
- Join trade associations. Find out which trade associations most of your clients belong to, and get involved. Volunteer a lot and take on a leadership role if possible.This is a great way to get to know current and potential clients.
- Track your progress. For every marketing strategy that you employ, keep track of your success. Then you can dedicate more of your time and energy to strategies that are working and drop those that have been ineffective. For example, if you send out a press release about a new service, you can very easily gauge how many clients come to you as a result.
- Seek referrals from other lawyers. Get your name out to other firms that might not offer the same services that you do, or have cases that they might need help with. Referrals from other law firms are an excellent source of new business.
- Send out a press release. If your firm has just won an award, hired some new lawyers, or filed a policy-changing lawsuit, a legal press release is the perfect way to gain some media attention which may lead to new clients. If you distribute your legal press release with Press Release Jet, we will distribute it to all the top-tier media outlets (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW).
- Find a niche market. Focus on a specific type of service that you excel at. If something else comes your way, refer it to someone else. In turn, they may refer you for a case which fits your niche.
Though it may seem overwhelming, working on these strategies a little every day will pay off in the long run, with new cases and new clients.