Top 10 Real Estate Marketing Tips
You might think that all the marketing you need to do is when you meet face-to-face with a potential client for the first time. In fact, if you wait that long, you have already missed a lot of opportunities. Taking advantage of these opportunities is easier than you think. Here are some great strategies to help you market your real estate business effectively.
- Get Referrals: A realtor typically receives 75% of new business through referrals. Continue to maintain a good relationship with existing clients. You can easily send out a press release about any new services you offer to improve their experience.
- Automate your Social Media Shares. To be truly competitive in the real estate business, you will need a presence on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn but it can be challenging to make time for that. Use apps and plugins such as Flipboard and Buffer to find high-quality real estate blog posts and schedule posting to your social media sites.
- Maintain an Active Blog. While this does take time, having an active blog will make you stand out from the crowd by improving your social media and search engine visibility. Whenever you issue a real estate press release, you can include links to your blog to make it even easier for potential clients to connect with you.
- Optimize your Website for Mobile Users. 59% of potential buyers are searching for real estate on the weekend using their tablets or Smartphones. This is also true of email, as 66% of email is now opened on mobile devices.
- Stay in Touch via Email. Even in 2016, regular emails are still one of the best ways to keep in touch with your clients.
- Create a Marketing Video. Videos are now easy to share and view on social media and they appeal to many of the emotional, subjective factors that go into deciding to buy or sell a home. A link to your video is great to include in a real estate press release to show the media the human side of your company.
- Make use of high-volume keywords. You can use Google Adwords to identify the best SEO keywords for your target audience. Then include these keywords in your website, blog, and any real estate press releases that you issue to make your real estate business the first one potential clients find when they are searching Google.
- Launch a social media ad campaign. Bing, Google, and Facebook all have affordable options for online advertising. These platforms can compile information about your target audience to make this much more effective than traditional advertising methods.
- Send out a press release. You can submit an online order at Press Release Jet for only $49, or order a Premium Press Release for $99. Realtors under-utilize this valuable tool, so become the one who stands out in their minds by publicizing your business in the local media.
- Connect with the community. Find opportunities to get involved with local charity organizations, especially for causes you feel strongly about or that fit your business goals.
Realtors often feel limited in terms of both time and money when it comes to marketing. But these few simple strategies can make a big difference in your success.
- Balinas, Travis. 9 Pro Tips: Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents in 2015. Retrieved from http://www.outboundengine.com.
- In Motion Real Estate Media. 2016 Real Estate Marketing Ideas. Rretrived from http://www.inmotionrealestate.com.
- Marsan, Jeremy. 50 Real Estate Marketing Ideas The Pros Use. Retrieved from http://fitsmallbusiness.com.
- Sterling, Greg. Mobile Devices Drive 66 Percent Of Email Opens - Report. Retrieved from http://marketingland.com.
- La Barbera, Vinny. How to Make a Viral Real Estate Video. Retrieved from https://www.realestatemarketingblog.org.